1. Who we are
Find a Wealth Manager Limited (“FAWM”) provides individuals with a service through which they can find and compare wealth managers and investment firms and is the ‘controller’ of personal information which is gathered from such individuals in order to match them up with wealth managers and investment firms.
3. The types of personal data we collect and use
The personal data which we collect and use may include things such as your personal details (name, email address, phone number, etc.), information which is relevant to us providing any services to you (such as age and profession) and any details which you submit to us (for instance, when we have a phone call with you or when you allow our website to place cookies on your devices).
4. How we use your personal data
- To provide services to you in accordance with our terms and conditions (such as processing your completed questionnaire and scheduling phone calls with you);
- For crime prevention and detection;
- To respond to requests for information from you;
- To provide you with newsletters and other information about our services (marketing);
- For statistical and research purposes, both on our behalf and on behalf of the wealth managers and investment firms who are listed on our website;
- For the purpose of training our staff and enhancing the service we offer to you;
- So you can use, and we can help enhance the use of, our website; and
- Any other instances where we are required to do so or where it is reasonable in the circumstances.
5. Our legal basis for using your personal data
We only use your personal data where such use is permitted by laws that protect your privacy rights. We will process your personal data in the ways described below:
- We have your consent (if consent is needed);
- We need to use the information to perform a contract with you;
- We need to use the information to comply with our legal obligations; or
- It is fair to use the personal data either in our interests or someone else’s interests, where there is no disadvantage to you. This can include where it is in our interests to market additional products or services to you and we think they may be of interest to you.
6. Your rights
You have the right to access, correct, transfer to another service provider, in some cases delete, restrict and object to how we process, your personal data.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing materials from us, we will need to add you to our ‘do not contact’ list and this will require us to retain a limited amount of your personal data. Therefore, please note that exercising your right not to receive such materials may be a more appropriate request than asking us to delete all of your personal data as we could validly obtain your contact details in the future.
You also have a right to complain to the data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner (the “ICO“). Details of how to make a complaint to the ICO are contained on their website: ico.org.uk/. If you would like any further information about, or to exercise any of your rights, in the first instance you should direct such request to us by email at [email protected].
7. Our services
We may need some personal data before we can provide our services to you. In some cases we won’t be able to provide our services to you if we don’t have all the personal data we need.
8. Sharing of your personal data
We may share your personal data:
- With the wealth managers and investment firms who we introduce you to;
- With any other members of our corporate group;
- With our professional advisers (including accountants, lawyers and internal and external auditors) who are subject to confidentiality obligations;
- If our business is restructured so that another company provides our products and services to you. In such an event we may pass your personal information to that company. This includes, for example, a merger between us and another company, where another company acquires us or some or all of our assets, where we acquire another company or where our holding company restructures our corporate group.
- If required by law or requested by a regulatory or tax authority;
- To investigate or prevent fraud, market abuse, tax evasion or other illegal activity (including disclosing confidential information to third parties who are directly involved in any such investigation);
- Where otherwise required in connection with us providing our services and carrying out our legal obligations under our agreement with you;
- Where it is in the public interest to disclose such information; or
- At your request or with your consent.
9. Transferring personal data outside the UK
You acknowledge that your information may be sent internationally, including to countries outside of the European Economic Area. We will always take steps to ensure that any such transfer complies with applicable data protection laws.
10. Keeping personal data
We keep your personal data securely for as long as we need to for the purposes we have set out above and, in any event, in accordance with our retention policy. If you would like to see a copy of our retention policy please contact Lee Goggin at [email protected].
11. Your consent
Sometimes we need your consent to use your personal data. We won’t always ask for consent to use personal data – for example if we need it to meet regulatory requirements or to perform a contract with you. Where you have given us consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time by contacting Lee Goggin using the details above.